Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/spartan1/public_html/Forums/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
How can I make SpartanLeathers.com better?
Spartan Apparel Discussion Forums
June 27, 2017, 10:33:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I make SpartanLeathers.com better?  (Read 2765 times)
Admin
These are SPARTAN LEATHERS!
Administrator
MotoGP Champion

I am The Spartan!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 07, 2010, 12:51:47 PM »

Im looking for ways to improve your experience on SpartanLeathers.com, but Im too close.  I built the site, so Im used to doing it MY way, and dont easily see what you may find to be irritating, or difficult, or confusing.

So can anybody offer any suggestions on things that you think could be improved?

Some questions to help you think:
  • Is it easy to find the answers to your questions?
  • Is the ordering process easy?
  • What in your opinion, is "missing" from the site?
  • Is anything confusing or unclear?

I appreciate any suggestions you might be able to offer. 

Thanks!

www.SpartanLeathers.com - Premium Motorcycle Leathers and Gear, without the Premium Price
99 SV650
cookiebug79
Track Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 10:02:06 PM »

One big thing for me is details on the armor. It was difficult for me to understand what standard armor came with my suit. So I couldn't justify why I would or would not want to upgrade to the T-Pro option. And just linking to T-Pro isn't good enough. What I would love to see is:

Standard Armor: pictures of every piece and a location of where in the suit they go and/or what body part they protect
Light Armor: pictures of every piece included, even if some of it is the same as the standard armor, and highlight which pieces are upgraded, along with locations/descriptions.
Full Package: Same thing, pictures and locations of everything, highlighting why the upgrade is better/safer.

For the custom lettering, it might be good if somewhere there were recommendations about fonts, sizing, logos, etc. I think some fonts work better than others, but maybe that was just my experience?

If you could streamline the ordering process, that would be better. Right now you have to buy the suit on one page, then fill out your options and measurements, and then e-mail a template. It would be super neato if you ordered, then it prompted you/directed you to fill out the personal information, and then based on what you ordered the measurements sheet came up and you could enter it right in to the page electronically looking at the measurement location number instead of worrying that you missed a number and have everything be off at the end. And then the final page could be an interactive "fill in your colors" and then you submit. Actually, as I type this out, it would be super mondo bitchin (total pipe dream, I'm sure) if someone could pick a suit and build it virtually with colors and be able to rotate it. Then save it to a profile where they enter personal info. Keep it so that they can still modify things once entered like the colors. Then they could enter their measurements on the model. And as they enter them, you could have pop ups with suggestions like "Make sure you use your actual waist, not your low-rise pants waist." And armor options and custom lettering could be added as well, along with a tally in the corner of any additional costs. When a customer is finally happy with the suit they built, they submit and it prompts for payment info.

Also, I found a LOT of information in the forum section after I had already ordered my suit. It's not intuitive to someone who is not an internet/forum junky to want to click on the forum section when they have questions about suit fitment, the ordering process, or want to see more pictures of how things fit. Maybe you need an announcements section on the home page? I was recommend to this company by a friend, and thought you were hand-making everything in your basement in Colorado. I had no idea there was a batch order process, or even the new courier process, and that things were going through Asia.

Finally, I like the photo album. I think it could be updated with more pictures that were added this year. That yellow Triumph suit you did earlier this year was really beautiful. It would be fun if those pictures could be animated and always scrolling somewhere on the homepage.

When you turn your bike on, does it return the favor?
Admin
These are SPARTAN LEATHERS!
Administrator
MotoGP Champion

I am The Spartan!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 11:16:01 PM »

Wow, a lot of great suggestions. 

The online coloring process is something I've wanted for a long time, but I dont have the know-how to do it. 
Having it prompt you for the measurements when you order and all that would be a good idea.... still I would probably need a web developer to help me out w/ that as Im by no means a proficient PHP programmer.

But the armor stuff . . . Im sure I can do something about that.

I do tend to neglect the photo album too... I'll add some pics.

Thanks!

www.SpartanLeathers.com - Premium Motorcycle Leathers and Gear, without the Premium Price
99 SV650
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: