Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/spartan1/public_html/Forums/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Another Crash report
Spartan Apparel Discussion Forums
March 26, 2017, 02:24:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Crash report  (Read 3466 times)
DJRocket
Knee Dragger

View Profile WWW
« on: June 23, 2010, 10:58:44 PM »

When: 5/31/2010 approx. 10:30 ish AM
Speed: 90 mph according to my data aq.

Brief recollection:
I was coming into T7 when I got a bad head-shake, I tried to let the bike do it's thing on it's own, but I ran out of track and I tumbled. I don't remember much past thinking "this is not going to be good" as I saw myself running out of track. Corner workers said I tumbled, bike tumbled and at the end I just layed there for a while without moving. After a few seconds I sat up in disbelief, than proceeded to get up, take off my, gloves and helmet and waited for the EMT's to arrive. After the EMT's looked me over on my own I stepped into the ambulance and sat on the stretcher (I don't remember any of this). When I came to I was talking to the EMT's.

Bike Damage: both bar ends, rear sets bent; bodywork sustained some scratches and cracks, tail piece took most of the damage; windscreen gone along with the sub-frame. There is no damage to the frame, forks, wheels, swing-arm, and exhaust. I already started fixing the bike, I think I'll skip the track during the months of July/Aug due to heat, but it should be good for Sept.

Body Damage: bruised ribs, and overall soreness

Gear Damage: I'll just say my Arai helmet did it's job; my Spartan suit on has a superficial scratch on the left shoulder; Spartan gloves and my Sidi boots held quite well. I cleaned the gloves and suit and still look good. I have to say I'm very impressed with my Spartan suit and gloves. They may be inexpensive but they are not cheap! in this case Value is not measure in the amount I paid!

Thanks Dave for some great products!

I will post pictures of the gear as soon as I get them off the cam.

Admin
These are SPARTAN LEATHERS!
Administrator
MotoGP Champion

I am The Spartan!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 08:09:31 AM »

Hey DJ, Im sorry to hear about the getoff.
Its never fun, that's for sure.

But Im glad you werent seriously injured.
I hope the bike doesnt cost too much to get back into shape.

www.SpartanLeathers.com - Premium Motorcycle Leathers and Gear, without the Premium Price
99 SV650
DJRocket
Knee Dragger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 09:29:12 PM »

Thanks, Dave. Yeah 90MPH was pretty violent for sure, but I was well taken cared by my gear.
As promised here are the pics. Not much to show except that it held beyond well.

This one show the rear, just dirty

The gloves same. The left one just got dirty.

Both the suit and gloves look like new after a cleanup with a soft brush first then moist terry towel, and finished it off with some hand lotion.
LOL

Here is the blunt of the damage on the suit

http://www.s2kdj.com/crash-02.jpg[/img]]

I'm telling you, Spartan gear is top notch!
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: