Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/spartan1/public_html/Forums/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Spartaness Suit
Spartan Apparel Discussion Forums
June 27, 2017, 10:32:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Spartaness Suit  (Read 6284 times)
pyxie
Track Newbie

View Profile WWW
« on: March 26, 2010, 07:43:49 PM »

Here's my review of the ladies Spartaness suit. Let's begin with my size. Being 4'11 tall (short?) and weight 130 lbs with a a butt...let's just say it was very challenging to find any suit to fit me. Either they're way too long for taller gals. Or way too skinny that I'd only get the legs up to my thighs before I hit a road block! FRUSTRATING!

So I decided to try out Spartan leathers. For the price of getting a suit custom fitted it was worth it. I picked my colors and design, sent it to Dave and got my suit within a few weeks! First time around it was completely the wrong size. No problem. Dave responded within minutes to my email, reordered and got me my new suit again within weeks. This time it fit nicely! The knee/elbow/shoulder armors were adjusted for my size (kids rather than adult) so my boots were able to fit over the pants. Not too tight but quite comfy to squat/move around/reach up.

Quality of the leather is GORGEOUS! So soft and supple! Workmanship is fantastic and I have no doubt will do just fine in a crash (hoping NOT to AT ALL this year *cross fingers*). I decided on the two-piece suit because lemme tell ya...especially for girls...going to the restroom on a trackday SUCKS! Cramped and hot and I can't even imagine trying to squat over a toilet with a one-piece dangling on the floor. EW! Since it's a two-piece I also designed it so that the whit waistline is completely independent from the top suit...that way there's no awkward separation. No reflective piping for me and small perforation size.

Only thing I plan on doing is taking the waist in just a few so it's more of a feminine fit. They still sewed it straight down on the sides so it's not figure flattering. But that's not something I'm in a rush to do. hehe ^_^ I'M READY FOR TRACK DAY!

These are taken without any back protector on. A big lose standing but when tucked in the riding position absolutely comfortable and I don't feel hampered or pinched. THANK YOU THANK YOU! I LOVE MY SUIT!

~pyxie

pyxie
Track Newbie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 08:20:42 PM »

Here's the color/drawing I used.

RC
Track Newbie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 09:46:14 AM »

Thank you for posting this up! I love the pictures and your color scheme. (I love the heart!) I hope to get mine within the next few weeks... waiting stinks but I'm sure it'll be worth it. You look great. Smiley GO PYXIE! ;0)
TheWaiter
Track Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 01:42:52 PM »

Good looking suit, and nice bike!  Two thumbs up for blue 2nd gen SV650's!

(Maiden voyage after mods and new suit)
pyxie
Track Newbie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 08:48:23 AM »

Love you mods! Where'd you get the underbelly pan and your cowl seat?
TheWaiter
Track Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 12:23:36 AM »

Thanks!  The belly pan I bought used on ebay, the seat cowl I also got used, but from a member on SVRider.com.  If you haven't discovered that site yet, I would highly recommend you check it out, tons of good info there.
pyxie
Track Newbie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 12:08:48 AM »

I can now give a full review of my suit since I just finished my first track day of this year. FANTASTIC!!!! I've only tried the suit on twice and this was the first riding in it and there was no break-in period. It fit so comfy and with no restrictions! My gloves fit over the wrists and the perforation was a life saver! It only got to about mid 70s today, cloudy with a breeze. But at stand still in the sun it was warm. Had my vents open and as soon as I started moving I cooled off super fast! LOVE IT! The colors are beautiful. Thanks you soooo much for a great suit! ^_^ Here's my pics.

Admin
These are SPARTAN LEATHERS!
Administrator
MotoGP Champion

I am The Spartan!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 09:17:13 AM »

Looks great Pyxie!

www.SpartanLeathers.com - Premium Motorcycle Leathers and Gear, without the Premium Price
99 SV650
cookiebug79
Track Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 11:41:15 AM »

Great review and pics! You're rockin' that SV, girl!

When you turn your bike on, does it return the favor?
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: