Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/spartan1/public_html/Forums/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
First impressions of Elite 1pc
Spartan Apparel Discussion Forums
March 26, 2017, 02:26:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: First impressions of Elite 1pc  (Read 4242 times)
TheWaiter
Track Newbie

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2010, 01:23:13 AM »

My Spartan Elite 1pc came in the mail today - I am extremely pleased with how it came out!  It fits really well, as it is made to custom measurements. It does feel a little snug with both the back protector and the thermal liner on at the same time, but there's plenty of stretch leather which allows me to breathe and move around comfortably. I removed the liner and it felt absolutely perfect. It's also a very attractive suit - I didn't want any fancy color scheme or anything, so I decided to go with just plain white to match my other gear. Although I'm no expert on sewing or leather, it seems to have high quality seam construction and cowhide, just as described. There are two inside pockets, they're a good size too - I don't think that's mentioned in the description on the website, so I'm telling you here (*there may be no pockets with a dual-zipper option, but check with Dave). The description also states that the suit has microperforations on the front with larger perfs in the back, but my suit has large perfs on both front and back. Personally I dig the large perfs in front, but it's not exactly what the website and gallery shows. It may just be my suit, but if it's something you'd get hung up about, I would double check with Dave to make sure you get exactly what you're after. This is my first racing suit, so I don't have a basis for comparison, but my impression is that this is top-notch.  I don't have a funny shaped body or anything, and I might have been able to get away with buying a rack size suit, but I can really tell this was made custom for ME.  So if your'e thinking about getting a Spartan suit, you have my enthusiastic recommendation. It took less than 2 months (I ordered Dec. 16) for a high-quality suit custom made to 28 points of measurement at a comparable price of the other rack size suits I was considering. What more could you ask for?  Dave is a pleasure to do business with. I always acknowledge a positive experience with a company, and he certainly deserves it. So that's my little mini-review. Onward with pictures! (all pictures are with back protector being worn, btw)

Admin
These are SPARTAN LEATHERS!
Administrator
MotoGP Champion

I am The Spartan!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 09:25:47 AM »

Hey Waiter,
I just noticed - you still have the Back pad in your suit.  Since you have the back protector that you'll be wearing, take that back pad out.  You should find it fits you a little less snug with the liner in.

Thanks for the great review!

www.SpartanLeathers.com - Premium Motorcycle Leathers and Gear, without the Premium Price
99 SV650
Spongey
Track Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 03:44:20 PM »

good review!  i am supposed to get my suit today!  i am hoping to be just as happy with mine as you are!!! Grin

2007 GSXR 600
TheWaiter
Track Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 07:27:21 PM »

Hey Waiter,
I just noticed - you still have the Back pad in your suit.  Since you have the back protector that you'll be wearing, take that back pad out.  You should find it fits you a little less snug with the liner in.

Thanks for the great review!

Hey Dave, I realized this maybe an hour or so after writing the review - I should have looked it over more thoroughly but I was just too excited I guess. Back pad is out now an it feels great!
Spongey
Track Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 07:34:22 PM »

Dave,

My suit came in today, and it looks/fits great!!  After next sat i will try to post  some pics of it on!  Considering i am 6'7" 250, and it fits like a glove!  i am super excited to ride in it!!!  color looks much better than the pictures!!!!!  I love how the leather is soft and feels pretty much broken in!  i am sure on my track day March 6,7 i will have a great detailed review to write on the suit!  thanks again for the great customer service! Grin

2007 GSXR 600
jayhawkindc
Track Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 12:08:47 PM »

Here is mine. I second everything that was said! I love it!

* 17966_794115184809_16829085_44203934_1555310_n.jpg (47.56 KB, 453x604 - viewed 643 times.)
Admin
These are SPARTAN LEATHERS!
Administrator
MotoGP Champion

I am The Spartan!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 03:41:24 PM »

Here is mine. I second everything that was said! I love it!

Cool man.   Thanks for posting the pic.

But um, the yellow gloves. . . um. . . nevermind.

www.SpartanLeathers.com - Premium Motorcycle Leathers and Gear, without the Premium Price
99 SV650
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: